Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PINS and south of bob hall report tues-fri

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill0705
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: PINS and south of bob hall report tues-fri Reply with quote

Ive been trying hard the last 4 days to go home with a full cooler only to go home with a light cooler. Tuesday after school i managed to get out to the surf around 1230 and got my rod wet around 1245. Not long after my 12 ft tries to kiss the sand but then goes slack, thinking something huge i run after it only to realize my hook was gone!! Needless to say i hurried up and re-rigged 'er up and got her back out there with another 6 inch live mullet. Thats was the highlight of the day though. It got quiet after that and only managed a 20 inch gaftop of which i kept. Wednesday was the worst day by far, but boy did the water look beautiful. I only managed to kill two mullet and let the rest go. Thursday i was helping out at breakaway and nick told me the pompano are back! He said around the 20's is where theyre at. Today was much more fun though. i was at PINS about 15 miles down. Every cast was something. Usually hard head or small whiting. And constantly reeling back in mullet with pieces missing. I managed a 25 inch bluefish though that just happened to go down great after the gym.

P.s. watch for stingrays. I stepped on one today and it scared the buhgeebees outta me, i got lucky he was a big one and i barely caught his wing. I was only in shin deep water too.
Bill0705
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse the horible wording. Was in a hurry.
Baffinboy
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ate the bluefish? Was it good ?
Bill0705
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally love bluefish. Its a real bold flavor. Flackey and tender. Not firm but far from mushy, But you must put it on ice as soon as you catch it (or before ot dies on a stringer) and cook it within 24 hours for best results.
FoldCatOne
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluefish are standard fare all along the Atlantic coast. We used to bake ours. It's really moist meat - not oily, just moist. I have been on fishing trips where blues were the targeted species. I am convinced that Texans miss out on way too many "Good Eats" since it seems the only fish considered edible are Flounder, trout, reds and small black drum and not too many years ago (Pre Paul Prudhome) even Reds were considered to be trash fish.
I'm Ultra-Conservative - Rush is a Liberal
Baffinboy
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will eat anything, I was asking bc as a kid my dad kinda treated them like a jack crevalle and said they were no good. Now when I watch fishing shows and travel channel i am starting to see people eat blues and jacks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: