Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick HCP Report 7/17 - 7/20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The MATTador
Pony Mullet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Quick HCP Report 7/17 - 7/20 Reply with quote

Well alrighty then. I just thought Id share a quick report from my all-nighter at Horace Caldwell Pier w/ my dad.

So for a little back-story, my folks made it in to Port A Thursday evening after work around 6 or so and hit up HCP in search of specks. And found em they did... They ended up staying there till daybreak friday morning, leaving with 16 keeper trout and one 27in drum. Also, he CPR'ed one beautiful 24" speck. When he sent me the pics Friday afternoon, I knew how Id be spending my Saturday Night...

Friday night produced more of the same, my dad headed out by himself for another all nighter, He ended up walking off with a limit of trout and left em biting. Not sure of the size range, except that one came in at 21in (CPR'ed)

And last night was just as epic. Between the two of us, we pulled in 18 trout, 2 sandies, a 24in red, and a few whiting mixed in. The trout were all in the 16-20 range. Again, we stayed till daybreak, but the bite had slowed by 500. The fish started showing up around 11pm with the dinks at first. We moved from light to light until we found the mamas and the papas. According to the local info the fishing has been consistent if you can find them in the water column.

Anywho, thats my fishin tale for you guys. Now its time for a bit of filleting before I rest up for the drive home. Tight Lines!
Cudakilla
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome report! Glad you found them. What was the preferred bait if I may ask?

"To be is to do" - Socrates
"To do is to be" - Jean Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
redfin21
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job to y'all. Appreciate the report.
The MATTador
Pony Mullet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cudakilla wrote:
Awesome report! Glad you found them. What was the preferred bait if I may ask?

Funny you should inquire... From what I saw, we were maybe two of only 6 or 7 other people using live shrimp under a popping cork. Everybody else had dead shrimp or mullet and they werent doing squat. Nobody else on the pier walked off w fish from what I saw
landlocked beachbum
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how that happens! Embarassed

When i was a kid fishing down there in the mid 60's all we ever used was dead shrimp, and 90% of our catch was hardheads! Back then, live shrimp were a nickel each, and my mom, uncle and grandad just wouldn't go there when fresh dead eatin' shrimp were 49 cents a pound!!!!!

Heck, compared to what gas is now as compared to then (32 cents a gallon), the price of live shrimp ain't that bad! Cool the first time I ever used live shrimp was somewhere around 1968-69, and I thought I'd died and gone to heaven, as we were catching HUGE specks under the light at the first gut, at night on BHP! They would hit NOTHING but a live shrimp at the time either! Rolling Eyes

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits". Albert Einstein
ironmanstan
Exalted Ruler of Flour Bluff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with that report at all. Sounds like you had a good time.
FINS
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted my dads catch and brother you may have saw them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: